Sometimes it is strictly recommended to update your email account settings under such instances like when there is change in mail and security settings, when your Internet service provider password changes, or when you want to customize settings. This is done to display your name to the others. The items that are changed can be varied from type to type. For example if you are using an exchange account only the exchange server administrator has the rights to change your name, and this name will be displayed as it is to the others. If you are using an IMAP account then you have to follow the guidelines of email administrator.
The account settings will be differing from account to account. Now let us discuss the email account settings in
1. Microsoft Exchange account
2. POP3 or IMAP account.
How to change the settings for Microsoft Exchange account?
To change the settings for Microsoft Exchange account first click on the File tab. Now click the Account settings, under these you will see another Account settings. Click on that option to modify the settings and to configure additional connections.
Now select the Exchange Account and click on the change option. By default your Exchange account information is entered automatically. Now to turn on or off Cached Exchange mode you can select or clear the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
In order to make additional settings then click on the More Settings option. You can change the following settings like
- On the General tab under, Exchange Account type your name which helps to identify the account. Now under the same tab when starting click how you want the connection state to be determined.
- On the advanced tab, you can have the right to specify additional Exchange mail boxes to open. Now by clicking on the Outlook Data File Settings, you will see an option like Compact Now. If you click on this option your OST file size will be reduced.
- By clicking on the Security tab you can change the security settings. Even if you are away from organizations network Outlook enables you to connect Outlook to your exchange server from any internet location without VPN connection. For this option go Connection tab which is under Outlook Anywhere, now select the option Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box, and then click on the Exchange Proxy Settings.
How to change the settings for POP3 or IMAP account:
These account settings will be categorized into five sections
- Change your email account password: If you want to change the password you have to follow the instructions provide by email administrator. First click on File tab, then go to account settings. Select the email account for which you want to change the password and click on the Change option. Now under Login Information, in the Password box, type the password assigned by ISP or email administrator.
- Change your email address: The email domain name can be changed. For this go to File tab and click on the Account Settings. Now select the email account for which you want to change the email domain name. Under user information in the email address box, enter the email assigned by ISP or email administrator. Make sure to include details like user name, @ symbol, and the domain name.
- Change your email server: If your ISP notices that the outgoing or SMTP server is changing then you have to change the email server. For this go to File tab>Account settings. On the email tab click the email account that you have to change. Under Server Information, in the Incoming mail server box, type the complete name of the server which is provided by your ISP or mail administrator.
- Change the way your name is displayed to other people: Click on File tab> Account settings. Now select the e-mail account for which you want to update the display name, and then click Change option. Now under user Information, in your name box type your name the way you want it to appear to other people.
- Other settings: By the same way you can change the other settings like Under Purge Options, select or clear the Purge items when switching folders while online check box. On the Folders tab, you can choose where mail that you send from this account is saved, etc.
Email can be an expansion of term Electronic Mail; it acts as natural part in communicating each other for workers employed in bank, software organizations and various fields. It is just a technique of swapping information on internet. It is possible to transfer sufficient messages to quantity of recipients and there is not any limit of sharing information through it.
You will discover many strategies to email removal like unexpected computer shutdown, abrupt power failure, etc. Perhaps you have lost emails accidentally. Avoid getting irritate, you are able to recover those emails by making use of one tool viewed as recover my email, which can be developed by file recovery experts. The application offers improved answer for users whose emails are deleted previously mentioned scenarios.
In addition to above specified reasons, there are many factors leads to deletion or corruptions of emails are:
- Scanning by using antivirus: The Antivirus tool to scan Outlook emails may be one of common factors for losing emails. If any user installed it to scan, virus-attacked email, in the event if it is harshly corrupted, then there can be potential for deletion of these mails without notifying to the user.
- Incorrect upgradation: This case leads to corruption of emails if the user attempts to upgrade Outlook from 2007 to 2010 version. While achieving this process if unexpected power fluctuation arises that can make emails being inaccessible plus it results in full loss of emails.
- Unintentional deletion: Here, unintended deletion describes removing of emails without knowingly. While deleting unnecessary emails from Outlook there might be potentials that you might delete certain important emails from that inadvertently. Therefore, it is going to behave as an issue for eliminating emails.
The program could be able to get back email on Windows 7 and it has become very popular to the user who are utilizing Windows 7 OS. Applying this software, they are able to recover emails lost because of formatting. It has the ability to retrieve Outlook emails, notes, journals, calendars, and tasks. Windows 7 OS is backed up by many versions of Microsoft Outlook including Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010 with no difficulty. This tool provides progressive features like relaxed search, simple to use naturally, etc. It really is qualified to recover encoded data; password protected files and compressed data. The Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002 will not likely support Windows 2007 OS.
Safety measures being taken by computer user to prevent loss of data are: Erase unnecessary emails every day to avoid size exceeding. Always keep backup of significant files in other storage devices like USB drive, memory cards like SD card, XD card, etc. to enable you to reunite data.
Regaining steps are listed below:
Download demo form of the program from online and do the installation in your computer. Later, choose the drive in which you have lost emails and it finds files. Give scan choice to scan the drive, once scanning ends; you can see the acquired data with the aid of preview option and upload the application in case you are pleased with it.