The account settings will be differing from account to account. Now let us discuss the email account settings in
1. Microsoft Exchange account
2. POP3 or IMAP account.
How to change the settings for Microsoft Exchange account?
To change the settings for Microsoft Exchange account first click on the File tab. Now click the Account settings, under these you will see another Account settings. Click on that option to modify the settings and to configure additional connections.
Now select the Exchange Account and click on the change option. By default your Exchange account information is entered automatically. Now to turn on or off Cached Exchange mode you can select or clear the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
In order to make additional settings then click on the More Settings option. You can change the following settings like
- On the General tab under, Exchange Account type your name which helps to identify the account. Now under the same tab when starting click how you want the connection state to be determined.
- On the advanced tab, you can have the right to specify additional Exchange mail boxes to open. Now by clicking on the Outlook Data File Settings, you will see an option like Compact Now. If you click on this option your OST file size will be reduced.
- By clicking on the Security tab you can change the security settings. Even if you are away from organizations network Outlook enables you to connect Outlook to your exchange server from any internet location without VPN connection. For this option go Connection tab which is under Outlook Anywhere, now select the option Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box, and then click on the Exchange Proxy Settings.
How to change the settings for POP3 or IMAP account:
These account settings will be categorized into five sections
- Change your email account password: If you want to change the password you have to follow the instructions provide by email administrator. First click on File tab, then go to account settings. Select the email account for which you want to change the password and click on the Change option. Now under Login Information, in the Password box, type the password assigned by ISP or email administrator.
- Change your email address: The email domain name can be changed. For this go to File tab and click on the Account Settings. Now select the email account for which you want to change the email domain name. Under user information in the email address box, enter the email assigned by ISP or email administrator. Make sure to include details like user name, @ symbol, and the domain name.
- Change your email server: If your ISP notices that the outgoing or SMTP server is changing then you have to change the email server. For this go to File tab>Account settings. On the email tab click the email account that you have to change. Under Server Information, in the Incoming mail server box, type the complete name of the server which is provided by your ISP or mail administrator.
- Change the way your name is displayed to other people: Click on File tab> Account settings. Now select the e-mail account for which you want to update the display name, and then click Change option. Now under user Information, in your name box type your name the way you want it to appear to other people.
- Other settings: By the same way you can change the other settings like Under Purge Options, select or clear the Purge items when switching folders while online check box. On the Folders tab, you can choose where mail that you send from this account is saved, etc.